Sunday, August 1, 2010

Food for Thought

Look at these 2 sayings.  What do they mean?

Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.





6 comments:

  1. I just guess,
    1, People who are trying to listen to others are wiser than those who are talking much.

    2, It is their own faults if they are deceived more than twice by others.

    Could you tell me the answers???????

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly! You are absolutely correct. A person may be tricked once, but if you trick him again, then he is not very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your explanation. Actually I am making efforts to listen to my self-describing-grown up kids than before for peace of our house.
    I think that it is right to follow my husband's opinion that I have to give them a chance to make mistakes. However, words are esier than doing to me.^-^

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how old your children are, but Krist and I have 3. The youngest is now 21 years old. Each child was very different, and we had to do some things differently with each one.
    Here is some advice from a famous child psychologist about letting kids make mistakes. I think your husband is a very smart father.
    (I'm sorry the English is a bit difficult)

    Learning cause and effect through success and failure is part of a necessary maturing process. Intervening can interrupt that process. Kids can't become responsible adults without failing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment. I have two children. One is a senior girl and another is a sophomore boy in high school. Due to grown up in Korea, very competitive society, I am afraid of failing somethig. Once you fail something, it is very difficult to recover from the failing in Korea. There aren't many choices and opportunities in Korea unlike in the US in applying colleges or choosing majors or getting a job. Even though I have been living here for about 6 years, I have a lot of things that I should adjust, change or learn about the life style in the US. There are also many things that I should remember, keep or follow the custom of my native countury. It would be healthy diet,tight family bond, a sense of responsibility to job or the rest family. How about your life(my whole classmate) in America?

    Have a nice day everybody.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Felice, please don't be misunderstand.
    I don't mean that all American food is not good or all American don't have a sense of responsibility. I think that even some Korean food have bad aspects. I have a point of view that there are good things and bad things in almost everything. But I want to see things positively. Although we hate insects,my family like taking a walk enjoying fresh air in the forest these days.

    Oh, I want to tell you that I am learning a lot from the website you posted (bored versus borig). I could find many interesting idioms. I hope other classmates can learn English from that website as well.

    Bye

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete