Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pick up or Drop off ? (tricky phrasal verbs)

 "Of course we can go there together.  What time should I _______   you  ___ ?"

"Yes, I can take those letters to the post office.  I'll  _______ them  ___  as I go home from work."

"You don't have to take a taxi.  I'll be happy to ____  you  __ at the airport."


 I'll be glad to _____  ___  your kids from soccer practice."
(Fill in the blanks with "pick up" or "drop off" and see how you do.  Look at Word Tsunami!   Answers coming soon. )

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Felice.
    I am looking forward to the answer.

    During school days, I drive a lot to drop off each of my children to their schools(located opposite drection from my house) and pick them up. Fotunately, I like drivig on local roads even though I can't drive highway. ^-^

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Here are the answers!
    1. pick up
    2. drop off
    3. drop off
    4. pick up

    ReplyDelete