Saturday, August 21, 2010

Test time! Adjectives!

1. He invited that ___ lady to dinner.
a. young beautiful
b. beautiful young

2. These are _______  products.
a. excellent agricultural
b. agricultural excellent

3. Why can't you wear your ____ dress tonight?
a. pink silk
b. silk pink

4. The boy needs ______ balls for that activity.
a. ten cotton small
b. ten small cotton

5. I've booked that ____ table on the corner.
a. big square
b. square big

6. Mary's husband gave her a _____ vase.
a. porcelain French
b. French porcelain

7. He broke Mother's ____ milk jug.
a. green old
b. old green

8. My brother wants to meet that ____ girl.
a. tall Japanese
b. Japanese tall

9. What do you plan to do with these ____ bottles?
a. empty wine
b. wine empty

10. That ___ woman needs help.
a. old foreign
b. foreign old

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Felice.
    I think the answers are b,a,a,b,a,b,b,a,a,a.
    I have to reviwe grammar oline to solve the problems. Thank you for giving me the chance to study adjective order.

    Kelly

    P.S. This is a good site to learn adjective order.
    http://web2.uvcs.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/410/grammar/adjord.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly, for the website. Let's see who else is willing to try this adjective exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Felice
    My final answers are as follows:
    1.b 2.a 3.a 4.b 5.a 6.b 7.b 8.a 9.a 10.a
    I would be appreciated if you would give me the correct answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Felice
    I have to correct one of the sentences I wrote to you as follow:

    It would be .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chong,
    You are correct on two counts- your adjective answers and your sentence structure.
    It would be appreciated or I would appreciate it if .....

    ReplyDelete