Warning: Answers follow!
Combine the two sentences into one sentence by creating an adverbial clause with when or while. (answers are at the bottom)
1. I was making dinner. My sister was watching television.
2. We were watching the movie called "King Kong". A friend came over.
3. We were watching the movie. We were laughing about its unlikely plot.
4. The the movie ended. We turned off the TV.
5. I was talking on the phone. My friend was reading magazines.
6. My friend stood up to leave. It was midnight.
7. He touched the door knob. We heard a thud on the roof.
8. He looked at me. I said, "King Kong?"
9. He opened the front door. We saw nothing but leaves and branches.
2. We were watching the movie called "King Kong". A friend came over.
3. We were watching the movie. We were laughing about its unlikely plot.
4. The the movie ended. We turned off the TV.
5. I was talking on the phone. My friend was reading magazines.
6. My friend stood up to leave. It was midnight.
7. He touched the door knob. We heard a thud on the roof.
8. He looked at me. I said, "King Kong?"
9. He opened the front door. We saw nothing but leaves and branches.
Answer:
- We were watching the movie called "King Kong" when a friend came over.
- While we were watching the movie, we were laughing about its unlikely plot .
- When the movie ended, we turned off the TV.
- While I was talking on the phone, my friend was reading magazines.
- My friend stood up to leave when it was midnight.
- When he touched the doorknob, we heard a thud on the roof.
- When he looked at me, I said, "King Kong?"
- We saw nothing but leaves and branches when he opened the front door.
No comments:
Post a Comment