Monday, November 15, 2010

Find the Errors! Warning! Some of these are tough!



Correct these sentences. One error per sentence. Look at the underlined words.

1. I went to the library to get as  many information as I could.

2. To eliminate any delays on handover we would remember you to bring all the necessary documentation.

3. He was accused of stealing an old lady in the high street just after she had left the bank. 

4. It's absolutely no good  asking me. I haven't the smallest idea. 

5. Working at the reception desk for an airline can be hard work when you consider all the different people you have to hold with.

6. The teeth were in such a bad condition that three of them had to be detracted.

7. My main trouble is that I have a terrible feel of direction. 

8. From it's very beginning the piece of music has the power to carry you away to distant lands.

9. I honestly cannot except the basis of your argument because it is too full of holes

10. Mary could always be trusted on to be late for work.

11. We were very surprised at the generosity of the offer as it far acceded our expectations.
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Felice
    Those questions are very tough,I just try to do my best.
    1.much 2.remind 3.right after 4.to ask 5.deal with 6.pulled 7.sense 8.its 9.accept 10.being 11.exceeded

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felice,
    Please, don't blame my many mistakes in the answers.
    1. much (many) 2. any delay (any delays) 3. after (just after) 4. ask (asking) 5. deal with (hold with) 6. extracted (detracted) 7. feeling (feel) 8. its (it's) 9. accept (except) 10. being (be) 11. beyond (acceded)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chong,

    You did a great job. Take a second look at 3's 2,3,4,10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kelly,

    You also did a super job! Double check numbers 2,3,10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,Felice.
    I am trying again.

    2.ask 3.robbing 10.trusted

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kelly, forgive me! You had number correct the first time!!!! Will you ever forgive me? Number 3 is now correct. It was number 4 that needed a different answer.

    #10 should read, Mary could always be COUNTED ON to be late for work. Or Mary could always be TRUSTED to be late for work.

    ReplyDelete