Monday, October 18, 2010

Surrender! A good thing or bad thing?

Surrender yourself to the Lord, and wait patiently for him. Psalm 37:7


Surrendering your life means -
Following God's lead without knowing where he's sending you;
Waiting for God's timing without knowing when it will come;
Expecting a miracle without knowing how God will provide;
Trusting God's purpose without understanding the circumstances.

4 comments:

  1. But it's very difficult for me..
    Actually...
    I want to know where he's sending me..
    I want to know when it'll come..
    I want to know what his purpose is..
    So..it's like I don't surrender my life to the Lord yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that .... I know that many believers struggle with "surrender". We often like to take control of our lives, because "we know better". I often must remind myself that God is GOD. He is the potter, I am the clay, and He loves me! He knows better!!! Trust is the key word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I have a problem, I pray to God for help and I can be in peace. I think that he is my reliable supporter. However, sometimes I wonder if my hope or wish is reasonable to him or if they are beyond my ability. Some people say that God will listen to our prays,whatevre we want to be or whatever we want to have, if it has good purpose. For me, it is not easy so I am just preparing for being used by God.
    Have a nice day Felice.^^

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    Christianity is not a religion, but a relationship. We have a "marriage", covenant relationship with our God. Prayer is conversation. Conversation with the person you love and Who loves you! So an honest and open heart is all you need. God will listen and respond!

    ReplyDelete