Monday, October 18, 2010

An exercise for the intermediate level

THE THINGS MY TEACHER NEVER TAUGHT ME TEST

  1. One of the most important things in this life is _________.
a. love
b. the love
  1. Although we like ________ very much, we don't like to be together all the time.
a. us
b. each other
c. ourselves
  1. She _______ me math when I was at school. She was a good teacher.
a. teach
b. taught
c. thought
  1. She is much more intelligent ____ me.
a. that
b. as
c. than
  1. Which river ____ through the Grand Canyon?
a. does run
b. run
c. runs 

6.The U.S. State of Vermont has a French name. What ____ it _______ exactly?
a. does / means
b. do / means
c. does / mean

7.__________ nose grows longer every time he tells a lie?
a. Who's
b. Whose
c. Who

8. What __________ to objects in zero gravity?
a. does happen 
b. do happen
c. happen 
d. happens

9. They took your mother to _____ hospital, ____ excellent hospital.
a. an / an 
b.a / an
c. a / a 
d. an / a

10. I have lots of ______ this weekend, so I won't be going out.
a. homework
b. homeworks

4 comments:

  1. Hello,Felice.
    Thank you for challenging me to solve the problems.^^ I think that the answers are a,b,b,c,c,a,b,d,b,a (??)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    I can always count on you to try the grammar exercises! You did a good job. But take a second look at numbers 6 and 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Felice,
    I respect your efforts for teaching English for us. I want to be perfect for the test. But I always think I am not smarter than 5th graders.
    My final answers are a, b, b, c, a, c, b, a, b, and a.
    Tell me the answers.
    Thank you Felice and Krist. See you at ICC on coming Sunday. Chong Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chong,
    In regard to number 8, "does" is an emphatic helping verb. It would only be used in the sentence if you want to express great emphasis. More common would be to just ask, "What happens?"

    ReplyDelete