Sunday, October 10, 2010

Idiom: FEATHER IN YOUR CAP

Here's another idiom for you. Those of you who have been commenting on this blog- You can put a feather in your cap!!
That's you, Grace, Pei, Susan, Mayumi, Connie, Kelly!.
Meaning of the idiom:
A success or achievement that may help you in the future is a feather in your cap.

1 comment:

  1. I came across my name while I'm browsing the blog..What is this?..why is there my name in this posting?..I was very curious..so I searched about it..
    "feather in your cap" : A long time ago, it was once a common practice award a feather to a soldier who had killed an enemy. These feathers were worn on the helmet or other headgear and were considered symbols of social status much like the way a modern soldier recieves and displays medals. Today we just use it to mean that someone has gained approval.

    ReplyDelete