Q1: _____ his illness, John continued to play rugby.
Despite
Although
Even though
Q2: After many peace corps teachers return to the States, ___________ professional English teachers.
often they become
they often become
and often become
Q3: _______ that the American Indian crossed a land bridge into North America from what is now Russia.
It is considered
It is thought
It was thought
Q4: None of the students _____ a car.
has
have
have got
Q5: _______ the Depression, individual stock ownership was common in the United States.
It was during
By the time of
Because
Q6: Never before _____ as rapidly, as during the last three decades.
communications have developed
have communications developed
have developed communications
Q7: It is not yet clearly understood _________ cause obesity.
why eating too many hamburgers can
why can eating too many hamburgers
eating too many hamburgers can

Felice:I did it ```but I don't know right or wrong.So```Could you help me please?
ReplyDeleteAlthough
they often become
It is considered
has
Because
communications have developed
why eating too many hamburgers can
Grace,
ReplyDeleteWow took on the most difficult task when you worked on this short test! These are actual test questions from a Teofl test. I don't want to give the answers away yet, because someone else might try the test. But I will tell you that you need to do #1,3, 4, 5, and 6 differently. Ask me on Thursday and we can go over them!!
Hello,Felice.
ReplyDeleteIt's been long time since I commented someting.
I have been busy and just wanted to see others join this site except for me.
I would like to try to answer those questions.
1,2,3,2,2,2,1 (???)
Kelly
I got some ideas from Grace's work. ^^
Great work Kelly,
ReplyDeleteAll the answers but the third are very good. Number 3 should be in the present tense, because it is a thought people have now. If it were a thought in the past, then the sentence would continue with a 'but'. ....but now ....
Chong Kim
ReplyDeleteLet me know the correct answers.
My answers are
1. Despite
2. they often become
3. It's considered
4. have
5. By the time of
6. have communications developed
7. Whey eating too many hamburgers can
Chong,
ReplyDeleteGood work. Take another look at number 3. The others are all correct!