This statement may sound confusing, but in a small group that meets at Perimeter Church, we were introduced to this pilgrim. His story is simple and yet complex. The advice he received this day was, "Run to the light. The light will reveal the gate!
Enjoy the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAtReLCJ4-I&feature=related
Here are the notes of our study:
A man walking in a field is reading a book. He starts to cry and bursts out, “What shall I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:30-31) He looks like he wants to run, but doesn't know which way to go.
Then another man comes walking towards him. And he asks, “Why are you crying?”
The man answers, “Sir, I see from this book in my hand that I am condemned to die, and after that to come to judgment. I am not willing to die and I am afraid of judgment. (Heb 9:27)
“Why are you afraid?”
“This burden on my back will make me sink lower than the grave.”
“Well, then if this is your condition, why are you standing still?
“Because I don't know where to go.”
The second man pointed across a wide, flat field and asked, “Do you see that narrow gate over there?”
The first man said, “No.”
The other man said, “Do you see that shining light over there? (Psalm119:105)
He said, “I think I do.”
Then the second man said, “Keep that light in your eye and go straight up to it, so that you can see the gate. When you knock, you will be told what to do.
The first man began to run! He did not look back! (Gen 19:17)
ACTS 16:30-31 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.
Psalm 119:105 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path”.

No comments:
Post a Comment