A colorful, deflated balloon that must have braved the storm all night.
It reminded me of how much my children had always delighted in balloons. And they would intensely mourn when the balloon finally popped or flew away.
Consider these poems:
MY BALLOON
By
Gregory K.
“Why, oh why, oh why, oh why????
Oh, please come back!” I moan and sigh.
I jumped but you had gone too high.
Now you’re flying in the sky.
I think I’m really gonna cry….
Goodbye, my poor balloon. Goodbye.
By
Gregory K.
“Why, oh why, oh why, oh why????
Oh, please come back!” I moan and sigh.
I jumped but you had gone too high.
Now you’re flying in the sky.
I think I’m really gonna cry….
Goodbye, my poor balloon. Goodbye.
Untitled
by Skip Halthen
My balloon was in the sky.
My balloon was flying high,
But then it popped and died.
And that's the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment